Rights of Eligible Children & Youth
- Right to Immediate Enrollment
- Right to remain in school of origin
- Right to receive transportation to and from the school of origin
- Right to receive support for academic success
Who qualifies for this service?
Students who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence which includes:
- Shared housing due to loss of housing or economic hardship
- Living in cars, parks, RV park, campsite, or similar location
- Living in a hotel or motel
- Living in a homeless shelter or transitional housing
- Living in a residence with inadequate facilities, e.g., no water, no heat, no electricity, no plumbing, or infestation.
- Living in an encampment or on the street
- Living in a shed or unconverted garage
- Migratory children living in the above circumstances
- Unaccompanied minors, i.e, children and youth, not in the physical custody or a parent or court-appointed guardian.
TEACHERS AND TUTORS
One-to-one assistance is offered on site, online and via phone. We hold classes on site and offer a structured middle school program.
- Drop-in & scheduled tutoring appointments available
- Meet with you supervising teacher
- Get help from subject area specialist teachers
- Middle schoolers provided additional supervision and guidance